Yes, I said it VAGINA! 🙊 Ladies, perimenopause is NO JOKE! The ‘change’ is hard and frankly just downright MEAN! The weight gain, the crappy mood, hot flashes, night sweats, breast tenderness, lack of sex drive, vaginal atrophy, and did I mention CRAPPY MOOD? Wow!
Well, fear not ladies! I can help guide you through the entire process NATURALLY! I’ve successfully navigated my way through all the things, and I feel great now. I didn’t feel so good there for a bit though and I thought I was going to have to live my life in hot yoga clothes.
Where to begin?
The #1 thing that must be addressed immediately through this process is adrenal health. Taking Adrenal Complex was a game changer!
Some of the other Standard Process & MediHerb products that I love for this cruel perimenopause process are as follows:
Some other items that are great and available in my office are:
Foods to Avoid
I also found that avoiding chocolate, oranges and red wine helped with the histamine response which then helped my sleep. Sorry if we’re not friends now that I said that, but it’s true. I gave up wine. If I drink it, I know the consequences. SWEATY BETTY! 🥵
Other high histamine foods to avoid would be:
- Fermented, cured, or soured foods such as yogurt, luncheon meat, pickles, and sour cream
- Aged cheeses such as cheddar and goat cheese and smoked fish
- Citrus fruits and dried fruits such as apricots and raisins
- All alcohol especially wine and beer
- Certain nuts including walnuts, peanuts, and cashews
- Avocados, eggplant, spinach, tomatoes, and dairy
Now on to that vaginal atrophy…. Did you know that you make your own fennel oil to apply directly to the vagina for relief? Here’s how:
- Steep fennel seeds in organic extra virgin olive oil then mix it into a cream and apply. You can also infuse calendula flowers too!
- Soak the packed flowers in the oil and let sit.
- Then use that oil to steep your fennel seeds, then make your cream.
I hope this helps! You can always book a session with me directly to get a custom-tailored herbal protocol for your hormonal needs.